Welcome to Dwight’s Kindergarten!
These years are an exciting time for growth and exploration for both our students and families, and we look forward to embarking on this exciting journey with you.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
We’re proud to offer one of the most respected curriculums in the world, the inquiry-based Primary Years Program (PYP) of the International Baccalaureate, which is rich, engaging, and encourages students to ask questions and actively participate in their learning. Our highly qualified teachers in our Kindergarten program apply best practices in early childhood education, leading the way for students to become enthusiastic, caring, compassionate, internationally-minded learners and problem-solvers.
Our team of early education experts includes six specialists, who share their passion and areas of expertise with students:
- Spanish and Mandarin: We begin language instruction earlier than most, teaching Spanish and Mandarin beginning in preschool.
- Physical health and wellness: Students learn about their bodies, healthy eating, and exercise, while building skills like cooperation and teamwork.
- Music: Students play with instruments and props, strengthen their language skills, and of course — sing!
- Studio: Students explore a variety of subjects and build skills through hands-on learning.
- Library: We foster a love of reading right from the start! Through reading, students access a variety of perspectives on the content they’re learning in class.
Our bright and spacious facility is just a few feet from Riverside Park, offering views across the Hudson River. I encourage you to visit our campus, attend an admissions open house, meet our wonderful teachers, and see for yourself what makes our Kindergarten so special. Check out our Kindergarten application process and apply today.
Christine Allen | Head of Dwight’s Preschool & Kindergarten